Simply Seasoned Chicken (from Simple & Delicious magazine)
Ingredients:2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
2 Tbsp. gluten free Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp. Honey
1/3 cup Panko gluten free bread crumbs
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp gluten free seasoned salt
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp. thyme
1/2 tsp. paprika
1 Tbsp. canola oil
1 Tbsp. butter
Instructions:1. Flatten chicken to 1/4 inch thickness. In a shallow bowl, combine mustard and honey. In another shallow bowl combine the bread crumbs and seasonings. Dip chicken in mustard mixture, then coat with crumb mixture.
2. In a large skillet (I used an 8" cast iron skillet YUM! which wasn't quite big enough) over medium heat cook chicken in oil and butter for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170 degrees F.
***My chicken got a nice dark crust. I ended up breaking it up into smaller pieces so that it would cook faster. Big HIT!
Farmers Market Squash Saute (also from Simple & Delicious magazine)serves 2-4
Ingredients:1 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1/4 inch slices
1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4 inch slices
1 1/2 tsp. olive oil
1/4 cup grape tomatoes
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1 Tbsp. minced fresh basil or 1 tsp. dried basil
1 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
Instructions:In a large skillet, saute squash and zucchini in oil until crisp-tender. Add tomatoes and garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat. Stir in mozzarella, basil and salt. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Easy Dinner Rolls (12 rolls)-One of my favorite recipes.
3 Tbsp. milk, warm
1 cup plain yogurt or sour cream
1/4 cup oil
1 tsp. cider vinegar
1 cup brown rice flour
1/2 cup tapioca flour
1/2 cup cornstarch
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
2 Tbsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. xanthan gum
2 tsp. yeast
Instructions:1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease muffin cups.
2. Mix wet ingredients.
3. Place dry ingredients in stand mixer. Beat on low speed and add wet ingredients.
4. Place dough in muffin cups and immediately bake for 25-30 minutes. (If you are using a larger cupcake size then it may make only 6-8 and take 35-45 minutes.) Let sit 5 minutes before serving.
I don't ever follow a recipe for these. But I mostly peel, chop, boil my potatoes until they are soft and I can pierce them with a fork. Then I drain and mash them. While mashing I add in butter, a little bit of milk, and sour cream or cream cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Yum!
This is a Nuzman family recipe. I have converted it to be gluten free because it's too yummy to go without!
***This recipe makes a large 10x17 cake or two round cake pans full. I used 9x13
2 cups brown rice flour
3/4 cup potato starch
1/4 cup tapioca starch/flour
2 cups sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp. xanthan gum
1 tsp. salt
3/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 cups finely shredded carrot
1 cup crushed pineapple with syrup (total amount of pineapple and syrup should be 1 cup)
2 tsp. vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 10x17 cake pan. (I don't have a pan that big so I used 9x13 which is barely big enough and it took another 5-8 minutes baking time.)
2. First add flours, starches, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, xanthan gum, and salt to a stand mixer. (The recipe says to sift...which I'm sure would be beneficial...but I don't sift)
3. Add the rest of the ingredients. Mix until all ingredients are moistened. Scrape down sides.
4. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed.
5. Bake 35 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean. Cool before frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting:
6-8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 tsp. vanilla
3-5 cups confectioners sugar
1. Cream together cream cheese and butter.
2. Beat in vanilla and salt.
3. Gradually add in confectioners' sugar. (The original recipe calls for 5...I think 3 is enough. I think I went for 4 because there were kids coming over and I wanted them to like the frosting.)
4. Stir in chopped pecans (which I left out, unfortunately)
*EVERYTHING WAS SO YUMMY...but especially this CAKE! MMmmmmm