Welcome!

When I first had to go gluten free, I did not know where to begin. I tried so many recipes and so many of them were awful. I decided to create a food blog to share my successful gluten free recipes. I am so grateful to all those people that have taken the time to give us good recipes and yummy gluten free products.

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Garlic Chicken Artichoke Pizza

At my bridal shower my younger sister decided to play the game where you have to answer questions that your fiancée answered earlier that day. For example, his question: what is your favorite color? Green. What is Mallory's favorite color? Red. Then they ask me those same questions: What is Aaron's favorite color? Green. What did he say your favorite color was? Red. Etc. Whenever I answered a question wrong I had to put a piece of Bubbalicious bubble gum in my mouth and chew. Well when you have like 30 questions you're bound to get some wrong. I think by the end of the game I was chewing a total of 11 pieces of gum. Not pretty. One of the questions I had to answer was: What's Aaron's favorite food? Well he pretty much likes anything, so I guessed. Pizza! And I got it right. Therefore, we have pizza quite a lot. And we love making up topping combos. This is one of those inventions.

The Dough!For this dough I used a focaccia bread recipe and adapted it to suit what I needed. I like it because you don't need to wait for the bread to rise any longer than it takes you to make the toppings. The only downside is that you bake it on a cookie sheet instead of a round pizza pan. I'm sure it would work on a round pizza pan though, you would just need to shape it into a circle. :) You will need:
2 teaspoons sugar
1 cup lukewarm water
2 1/4 teaspoons dry yeast
1 cup rice flour
1/2 cup tapioca flour
1 teaspoon xanthan gum/guar gum
2 1/4 tablespoons dry milk powder
1 tablespoon dry minced onion
1 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/3 teaspoon salt
1 egg
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon vinegar

Step One: Mix all ingredients together for about 2 minutes. Let rise in bowl while making a topping. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Step Two: Grease a cookie sheet. (Don't forget this step)
Step Three: Spread dough on the cookie sheet with a spatula. (To get it to spread better I spray my spatula with cooking spray.) Step Four: Bake for 8* minutes. Not all the way done, but enough that the top is no longer "doughy".
*If you like your crust crispy bake for longer. Try 10-15 minutes.
Step Five: Put toppings on. Step Six: Bake for another 8 minutes. Cheese must be melted.

Meanwhile...

Toppings:
You will need:
1/2 cup ranch dressing (I used Bakers & Chefs brand, because it's gluten free)
4 cloves garlic, crushed (I used 2 teaspoons of minced garlic)
1 fresh sliced Roma tomato
1 zucchini sliced and halved
1 jar of Cara Mia marinated artichokes, California style (any brand will do though)
mozzarella cheese (or any cheese you prefer), grated
2 chicken breasts, cut into 1" cubes
1 sliced bratwurst
Salt and Pepper to taste

Step One: Cook chicken with 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a medium size fry pan. Make sure it is cooked all the way through. I chose to season with season salt and pepper. To check if the chicken is done, cut one of your chunks in half. If the chicken is white (not pink) and the juice runs clear, then it is ready. Once the chicken is cooked, add the sliced bratwurst. Leave in for 2-3 minutes. Just until it is warm and starting to brown.
Step Two: Sauté zucchini in 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
Step Three: Mix garlic and ranch in a bowl. Then spread on pizza crust after it has cooked for 8 minutes.
Step Four: Sprinkle pizza with a little bit of cheese.
Step Five: Top with zucchini, tomato, cooked chicken chunks, and sliced bratwurst. Sprinkle more cheese over the top.
Step Six: Place in oven for 8 more minutes (still at 400 degrees).
Step Seven: Eat and Enjoy! (My favorite step.)

3 comments:

  1. ooh looks yummy Mal. I think your blog is great! There are a lot of people looking for good recipes that they can eat gluten free! I am going to make sure Tessi knows about it so she can find some ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Krystal! I have seriously enjoyed my last week. Making delicious treats. More to come too!

    ReplyDelete