Welcome!

When I first had to go gluten free, I did not know where to begin. I tried so many recipes and so many of them were awful. I decided to create a food blog to share my successful gluten free recipes. I am so grateful to all those people that have taken the time to give us good recipes and yummy gluten free products.

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

A New Place and New Challenges

I am so sorry that I have not written in so long.  In the last 7 months we've moved twice, had a new baby, and Aaron started his first real job. :)  It has been very exciting.

And now I am excited to start blogging again.  That doesn't mean I've stopped baking.  I have lots of fun new recipes to show you all.  And today I'm trying a new bagel recipe so we'll see if it's good enough to make it up here.

The real thing that applies here is that my little girl, at almost 3 years old has been getting so sick!  It's been months of stomach problems, skin problems, and tummy aches.  Sound familiar?  We've been in between pediatricians so I didn't get her tested for Celiac Disease.  But I cut the gluten out of her diet (which wasn't a large amount) and she has started to feel better.  She has an appetite! Which she never before had.  But now that I am cooking for her...she has different demands.  I now want to learn how to make gluten free snacks of all sorts.  Including gluten free goldfish and pretzels.  And I need to make sure I travel with gluten free snacks for her.  Otherwise we end up at someone's house and there is nothing she can eat!  And with her being so young, I need to tell anyone she is around that she can't have gluten.  And on Sunday she was so fast and grabbed some sacrament bread with gluten and was sick for the rest of Sunday and Monday.  My poor little girl.  I am going to learn everything I can about gluten free cooking and baking and try to be the best I can.

So...it's nice to be back.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment